Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cleaning Day

Another post today.....
This morning, I went to Trader Joe's and picked up these fantastic dahlias and lilies to give me a boost. Aren't these colors rich and luscious? .......wow.....
They must have worked, because I got right down to business!

I opened up my craft closet - OMG!!! I began to pull things out - more and more and more - it kept multiplying! These photos (above and below) show all the open boxes and bags I spread out to begin to make sense of my recent creative madness. whew!
Seriously, how many buttons does one person need? gosh, though, I sure do love them...
Maybe the best part of the day so far, though, is that I found these little earrings. For my Christmas vacation in 1984, I travelled to Europe to audition for several ballet companies in the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. My boyfriend at the time joined me in Munich to celebrate Christmas. We stayed in a cozy, little flat with two rooms (his sister was with us, too) The landlady was charming and brought us cookies and spiced wine on Christmas Night.
We walked to the Marionplatz and stood like sardines in the most beautiful cathedral. The trees were all lit with candles and even though there were (maybe)1000's of people standing so closely together, it was the quietest, most peaceful time. The singing was angelic and the entire experience was magic.
On Christmas morning, Paul handed me a little box that he had brought from home. Inside, I found a small, metal (old) cigarette box. I opened it to find a handwritten note from my daddy. After reading it, I lifted it up to find these tiny silver armadillo earrings. Apparently, he had them made without the bands around the middle because he knew how I loved simple, silver earrings. I have wondered for years where these earrings had gotten to.
I am so happy that they have re-appeared.

Now, I want to finish up and go on to clean out EVERYTHING! Who knows what lost treasures await?

1 comment:

  1. Your organization piles are inspiring me to do the same!!!!!! I have to get unpacked and do my laundry from the trip first....and unwrap my treasures to hopefully post on the PV blog. Loved sharing workshop tales with you yesterday! Becky's "Flat's Travel Log" was so much fun to see......brings back such fun shared memories! LOVE- Your Oolie

    ReplyDelete