Friday, September 10, 2010

Daddy's Children's Books

I was going through lots of books on my mom's living room shelves today and, to my delight, I found a small stash of my daddy's books from when he was a child - in Swedish! What luck!

I am in love with the pictures (!) and the lettering.
This one is a song book....so......
...here is the music!
I am looking forward to making copies for papier mache

I think that these boats are pretty wonderful....

Here is the cover of the book. Just occurred to me that Elsa Beskow is the illustrator. I have so many of her books in my collection at home.

This one is from another book of poetry....and beautiful pictures.
There are so many really exquisite pages - colors and delicate images.....

I feel so good having found this little connection to my daddy...... pretty special for me.

3 comments:

  1. These so much remind me of you and your art style. It's so wonderful that they were your dad's books and you even have a connection with the art and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely!
    Elsa Beskow is (was) the number one illustrator!
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jone! What a treasure! Arent the illustrations fantastic and the colours are so gentle - Taylor is right the do remind me of your own gentle paintings too!
    xxdi

    ReplyDelete