Monday, October 4, 2010

a bit of embroidery....

Here is a little something I "whipped up" today (ha!) - inspired by my friend, Charlotte Lyons (http://housewrenstudio.typepad.com/) who keeps doing the most wonderful things....and is the reason I have been asked to submit to "inspire.com" (the online magazine I did the little ornaments for)

You can see that I have not yet finished every little detail, but it is 90% done.....I think.......

I just love "satin stitch" which I have never done much of....doesn't look too bad for a first attempt, though. I am pretty pleased with it...

It was tough to take a photo of the "woven" tulip. I stitched the vertical threads first and then "wove" the horizontal threads in and out from side to side...
I like how it turned out, though I will be more careful next time and a little less "zippy" trying to get it finished.

All in all, a good experiment. I cannot wait to do MORE of this kind of thing....and maybe offer a few of the patterns on my (not-yet-open) etsy shop......coming soon to a computer near you!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the etsy shop. I do home those cards your printed will be available because I need to purchase some soon.

    ReplyDelete