Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why Texans Don't Pick Bluebonnets

This is a hiway in Central Texas during "Bluebonnet Season"
I must say that it is something to see in person.

These pictures are pretty nice, though.....

It is like a sea of BLUE during late March/early April in certain parts of the state.

But, those Western Diamondbacks (rattlesnakes) like to hide in those luscious plants that line the roads. I don't recommend getting out of the car to pick any flowers....
(....besides, it is against state law)

2 comments:

  1. GLORIOUS JONE! REMINDS ME A BIT OF BLUEBELL SEASON IN ENGLAND WHEN THE WOODS ARE A BLUE HAZE - WE CANT PICK THEM EITHER. OBVIOUSLY I DONT PICK BLUEBELLS HERE AND I WOULDNT DREAM OF PICKING YOUR FLOWERS EITHER - HONEST - NO WAY WOULD I DO THAT - HOW POISONOUS ARE THE SNAKES???
    XX
    DI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! My son said people love to put their children in those flowers and take photos....sheesh!! There would be NO WAY knowing there were snakes hiding. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete