Tuesday, February 23, 2010

wow!

THIS is what we woke up to this morning!
It is really beautiful - especially in the morning sun.
Cullen and Jack took off early this morning on skis (well, not Jack)
They headed down to the arroyo filled with snow and had a beautiful run, according to Cullen.
He said that Jack could hardly contain his excitement - and bounced all over!
I wonder, though, do the "powers that be" know that we are leaving Monday to drive to Flagstaff?! What are they thinking dumping all this snow on us when we put on the Grand Canyon next WEDNESDAY?!!?!! 
I am checking the weather daily, crossing my fingers for sunshine! 
So much for "spring".........sigh....winter continues!

Packing for the Canyon has been interesting. I keep waking up in the middle of the night wondering how we will all get through 7 days with layers and layers of clothing to stay warm and dry! (thank goodness for wetsuits!) I hope my worry is all in vain - and we have BEAUTIFUL weather! At least it will be warmer down in the bottom of the Canyon than up on top (!) 
I promise to take LOTS of pictures.

Cullen and Grayson will be gone for three weeks in all - two weeks longer than me. They are running the whole 18 days on the river and won't be home 'til the 21st!!
It will be Grayson's first BIG kayak trip.
I imagine it will be the trip of a lifetime for him.

(and I get to have two weeks alone at home with my animals  :0)

1 comment:

  1. I loved/love that snow too, and so does Dottie. and my other dog friends. it adds another notch to the Frolic Factor. and good ol' El Sol, he shines and dries up all the dirty wet snow on the side of the road so we just get to keep the big, white fluffy frosting everywhere. it really makes me want to make some boiled frosting and heap it on a cake. and then eat it. the power of suggestion is too much. so far, I'm fighting it off.

    ReplyDelete